Overview of Service
Okaford, Inc. Transport Services provides reliable transportation services at the most convenient and most comfortable way at a very competitive rate. We are determined that our clients see Okaford, Inc. as more than a transportation services to move them from point A to point B, but as a means of reliable mobility for disabled and “homebound” patients. We specialize in carry down service that gets our clients to their destination with dignity and respect, even if one is not mobile, we strive to set the bar with our reliability, exceptional experience, and quality fleet of vehicles that go the extra mile. Our crew are trained to provide services with utmost professionalism. SERVICES we provide daily and contractual transportation services to the Special Need population including the elderly and the physically challenged to and from hospitals, clinics, dialysis, malls, nursing homes, recreational, airports, and schools.
Transportation Days and Hours of Operation
Okaford, Inc. operates 5 days a week from 4:00am to 7:00pm, or 6 days on special requests for Saturdays, and on holidays only based on our internal availability. We are closed on Sundays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, New Year’s Day, and Independence Day. You can call us and speak to one of our professional and courteous customer service representatives. In addition, our drivers and vehicles are always available to serve your transportation needs. We are a “door-to-door” operation meaning our drivers are prepared to assist you with your transportation needs. If your return transport pick-up time is unknown, your driver will provide the office staff with a business card and request that they call us 30 minutes prior to the completion of your appointment. This process is in place to reduce your wait time. If the transport requires the driver to stay with the passenger for the duration of the appointment, please request this service when booking the transport so we can make the appropriate accommodations.
Scheduling of Services
For best availability, please call (443-653-3523) at least 24 hours in advance. Long distance or out-of-state transports and Insurance pre-authorizations require a 48-hour notice. For most in town transports, we can be at your door within 1 to 2 hours of your phone call depending on availability.
You can also use our website (http://www.okaford.com/schedule-a-trip-online) 24/7 to schedule a transport. Our goal is to always respond within 24 hours to any online scheduling request. Ensuring that all requested information fields are properly filled out in our online scheduling portal will help to enable us to process and book your appointment in a timelier manner.
Information Needed for Scheduling of Services
- Name of person requesting transportation
- Phone number and email address of person requesting transportation
- For the patient/or person being transported we need: name, DOB, SSN, Height, Weight,
- Pick-up information:
- pick-up facility name pick-up Apt/Ste/Rm/Flr
- Pick-up State
- Reason for transport
- Transport Time
- Pick-up address
- Pick-up City and Zip Code
- Pick-up address phone number
- Transport type: Sedan Services, Wheelchair, or Bariatric ambulance stretcher or wheelchair
- Number of Steps
- Drop-off information:
- Drop-off facility name pick-up Apt/Ste/Rm/Flr
- Drop-off State
- Drop-off address
- Drop-off City and Zip Code
- Pick-up address phone number (if possible)
- Billing Information:
- Indicate payor source, Medicare, Medicaid, Insurance, Bravo, Facility Pay, or Private
- Provide Medicare and/or Insurance Policy number
- If Facility Pay, please provide a name and number of whom is authorizing this
- Responsible party name and relationship to the person being transported
- Responsible party phone number
- Billing Information:
- Will an escort be coming along on transport — required for stretcher transport
- Any DME (Durable Medical Equipment) used by client coming along on the transport
We encourage but do not require our customers to travel with a caregiver or family member. In addition, we are happy to accommodate service animals as well. Please note, we do not charge for additional passenger. Please let us know at the time of booking if an escort will be coming on your trip. We only ask that there be a limit of one escort. Stretcher transports will require that an appropriate escort rides along and comes with you on your transport.
Billing and Payment
- We accept Cash, most major Credit Cards, checks, and payment via PayPal. We also work with Medicare, Medicaid, Insurance Plans, including Bravo Plans, Facility, and Private.
- When paying with cash or check please have your payment ready for the driver
- Prior to confirmation of any scheduled transportation Okaford, Inc. will need to validate Medicare and Insurance Plans responsible for payment of service. If not, Private pay billing will apply for any services provided. Pre-authorization of insurance payment will require at least a 48-hour wait time
- ***Late Payments*** or any ***Unpaid Balances*** greater than 30 days are subject to a 10% interest charge on the original amount plus an additional 2.5% or minimum of $5, whichever is highest, every month on the remaining unpaid balance.
Cancellation, No Show, Delays, or Cancel at the Door Policy
- All cancellations must be made 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled pick-up time, if this occurs no fees or penalties will occur.
- If a cancellation occurs less than 24 hours to the scheduled pick-up time you will be subject to up to a 50% charge of the quoted cost of service
- Our drivers will wait up to 15 minutes outside of the location of the original pick-up location. After 15 minutes we reserve the right to consider this a less than 24-hour cancellation and you are subject to all fees that apply to this less than 24-hour cancellation. If the driver is contacted timely about a delay and is made to wait, then an additional charge based on a rate of $20/hr will apply to the amount of time above 15 minutes the driver is made to wait
- When a client is to be picked up at their drop-off location the driver will always wait for the client no matter the time delay but any wait time greater than 15 minutes will be subjected to a charge based on a rate of $20/hr applied to any wait time greater than 15 minutes
- A no-show will be treated the same as a less than 24-hour cancellation and client will be subject to all fees associated with our less than 24-hour cancellation policy. Any client that has more than one no-show will be required to have payment for service verified and paid prior to a driver heading to their location
- If a client is being picked up from an airport and there are delays that occur with the flight please communicate this to us as timely as possible. If a driver is already on-site and is made to wait client may be subject to an additional charge based on a rate of $20/hr to the amount of time greater than 15 minutes the driver is made to wait
- Any delays that may occur that are because of an issue or circumstance of Okaford, Inc. will be communicated to our clients as timely as possible. If client wishes to cancel, because of these delays, there will be no charge or fee associated with this
Cost of Services
- Wheelchair transport services fee is $60 for any distance traveled 10 miles or under, any distance traveled over 10 miles will be an additional charge at the rate of $2.00/per mile greater than 10 miles, in addition to the charges stated above.
- Stretcher transport services Base Fare is $300.00 with $6.00 for every additional mile.
- Ambulatory transport services fee is $35 for any distance traveled 10 miles or under, any distanced traveled over 10 miles will be an additional charge at the rate of $2.00/per mile greater than 10 miles, in addition to the charges stated above.
Regardless of the form of transportation anytime a driver is made to wait longer than 15 minutes may be subject to an additional charge based on a rate of $20/hr will apply to the amount of time above 15 minutes the driver is made to wait.
- If the driver is waiting greater than 15 minutes at the origination pick-up location client may be subject to being considered having a less than 24-hour cancellation notice and may incur all charges and fees associated with this.
- When a driver has been requested to stay for the duration of an appointment where the client was dropped at an additional charge of $20/hr will occur.
To ensure the safety and well-being of all our clients, it may be necessary to cancel previously booked transportation services during periods of inclement weather. Medical transports may still occur depending on the seriousness of the medical need and the severity of the weather conditions.
Other General Rules or Regulations
At no time is it allowable to eat, drink, or smoke while in one of our transportation vehicles. These rules apply to both the client and their escort that may be coming along during your outing.
Safety is our top priority; we appreciate the responsibilities we have to our passengers and we take that very seriously. Our drivers are licensed and skilled in defensive driving and attend regular safety training to reinforce safety in all aspects of operations.
We execute safety inspections of our vehicles and conduct random quality control observations. We are proud of our safety record and of the services we provide to the residents of Maryland.
Most of our drivers are CPR and GNA/CNA MD Board of Nursing certified. To ensure passenger safety, we regularly check with the Department of Motor Vehicles for accidents, vehicle code violations, and valid driver’s licenses to verify that our drivers do not have any issues we are not aware of.
We are proud of our record and the services we provide to the residence of Maryland and its metro areas.
EXPERTISE AND LICENSURE Trained and licensed crew with specialization in providing transportation services to diverse population and corporations including patients and individuals with disabilities to and from medical facilities, homes, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, airports, train stations, malls, events, restaurants, stores, schools and other.
BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU (BBB)
BBB Accredited Business since 10/24/2019
485991 – MBE/DBE/SBE/ACDBE – SPECIAL NEEDS TRANSPORTATION
485999 – MBE/DBE/SBE/ACDBE – ALL OTHER TRANSIT AND GROUND PASSENGER TRANSPORTATION
(SPECIFICALLY: SHUTTLE SERVICES, INCLUDING AIRPORT)